Nodebundle for playing with nodes

7777.709 In reply to 7777.708 
Hello Michael.

Well, first of all I want to thank you for giving me such a detailed reply. Much appreciated!

And this gives me the chance to argue with you about what you have written.

@You : "...one difference is that Grasshopper is implemented in a more optimized language, C# I think..."

I think too that this is exactly the main and unique big difference between current Moi's Api and Grasshopper.
For what I now Grasshopper was written in C#. C# can offer great performance.

@You : "...The main purpose of JavaScript in MoI's built in functions is to use it more as a high level glue code, not really for implementing more heavy duty calculations entirely in script...here is a lot of work involved in doing that though, I'm not focused on implementing and supporting a C++ API currently. Really even the script API is not a big focus..."

I already knew this things but thanks for reminding me :)
It's always been clear that Moi's is focused primarily on "realtime" quick and easy modelling workflow and not on "developing" or "scripting" side.
But remember that I'm always thinking as a software developer,
and while I respect your choice about the main focus of Moi, at the same time it's a pity that Moi can't offer a more sophisticated programming interface.

@You : "...But in order to improve performance I'll need a lot more specific information than just such a general description, I'd need to have an actual running example..."

Ok. I understand. I will try as soon as possible to give you more precise information and/or a use cases.

@You : "...You seem to be making an assumption that all the time is being taken in MoI API calls but unless you have done detailed profiling it is not proper to make that assumption..."

Maybe you're right, maybe not.
Sometimes it's really hard to understand where is the bottleneck because, for example, when a filleting operation takes many seconds
or a loft or a network, it's really hard to attribute these delays to a "bad coding" of a script.

But, as you said, Moi is absolutely perfect for lightweight and realtime operation, not for heavy duty calculation.
Ok. This is perfectly acceptable.
No problem.
This was your developing choice at the time of the first creation of Moi and it was undoubtedly a winner choice :)

Thanks for sharing.

Ciao!

Marco (mkdm)