Nodebundle for playing with nodes

7777.638 In reply to 7777.636 
Hi Mike!

@You : "...I'll have to update my machine - 44.5 seconds. Though the processor is an i7. Perhaps a better graphics card - currently an AMD Radeon HD 7800"

Well, I'm not Michael but for what I know about how Moi deals with calculation I think that it actually doesn't use almost anything of GPU power (unfortunately)
except display and render meshes.

So I think you will get no advantage upgrading your GPU.

Consider that I currently own a Gtx 1080 Ti.

Ok, Vega cards and also some previous generation "gaming" Amd GPUs are more powerful regarding FP64 and FP16,
but with Gtx 1080 Ti we are still talking about something like 11 TFlops in FP32 with 11Gb or superfast video memory.

Talking about the CPU not all i7 are the same.

I currently have the most powerful 4 cores/8 threads cpu currently available, the i7-7700K, but anyway it has only 4 physical cores
and I know that a CPU with more cores like Threadripper or other Intel CPUs are much more powerful than my 7700K.

So, if you are thinking about upgrading, at least talking about Moi, I think you should switch to a new CPU with more cores.

but you should ask to Michael if Moi can leverage on more cores and if the gain is "linear".
I mean, for example, 40 secs to execute that nod file with a 4 cores CPU, so...20 secs with 8 cores ?

I hope i made myself clear enough :)

Ciao!

- Marco (mkdm)