Nodebundle for playing with nodes

7777.1719 In reply to 7777.1718 
Max,

"could you send me the nod-file? I'll try to find a solution."

I have attached .nod file, but please don't spend any of your precious time
trying to find another solution, I'm happy with existing solution.

While pondering the NE interface design, I had a thought.

I was wondering if the wires between nodes could be different to graphically communicate the nature the data flowing through them. I should preface this by saying that this is not a request, more a question of possibilities.

The image below shows 3 examples of point data: (1) a point, (2) multiple points & (3) ordered point sequence with a ranges of wire types to reflect the particular data type.

Similarly, the wires may vary for single numbers and numArrays, as well as to denote single objects and collections of objects.

Again, I'm not asking for this to be done, but rather wanting to know your thoughts on the future development of NE; whether this was even a possibility.

Perhaps even more useful for debugging node circuits might be a wire type that indicates that indeed no data is flowing through a wire.

UPDATED:

Another suggestion of UI enhancement might be to include set of dots at top right corner of node to indicate that it is a multi-mode node. It is a well established interface convention that requires no explanation. Also there may be some value in grouping the multi-mode nodes under a single heading: "General".

Of course it would appropriate for some multi-mode nodes to reside within other groupings. Several of the "Points" nodes could be folded into the "Transform" nodes, e.g."Move" "Rotate" & "Scale" node could all have modes for "Objects" as well as "Points".

The ability for a single node to operate on a number of different data type is one area where NE is superior to GH (Grasshopper)

Anyway, I am so appreciative that you are working again on NE,
& will be onboard with any direction you choose to take it.
James
https://www.instagram.com/nodeology/

EDITED: 20 Jul 2020 by JFH