Nodebundle for playing with nodes

7777.1715 In reply to 7777.1711 
Max,

Thank you for implementing those changes.

"3)....Could you send me an example?"

Regarding the inclusion of a "Srf" output on shape nodes ("Circle", "Rectangle", "Polygon" & "Star"),
the following shows the situation when this need first arose.

From Top down:
1) connecting directly to "circle" node gives the expected result in arrangement of circles & their colouring,
however the desired effect, is lost because the circles are outline only.

2) now connecting the "Construct2/Planar" fails to achieve the desired result because the order is lost.

3) attempting to go via "CloneToPts" does not work at all.

4) using Wayne's "Curves2/Circle2" node "Srf" output work perfectly!

I have since found that I use Wayne's shape nodes all the time. For example "Curve2/Rectangle2" has for me, made Karsten's "SubD/selCenterPane" obsolete. But perhaps the main application is with complex variegated screen images with hundreds of shape elements, where connecting to "Construct2/Planar" node after pattern articulation, will hang the computer for a long time while it calculates all the trimmed surfaces.

It seems to me a small change that would produce no backward compatibility issues & yet is very useful.

Is your resistance to this change because it somewhat invalidates these nodes from being grouped within "curves" menu? I don't see it as a serious contravention of UI logic, but if so perhaps there could be a "Shapes" menu.

I am happy to continue using wayne's versions, but I do think there needs to be a rationalisation of node hierarchies.

Thanks again for you ongoing stewardship of NE

James
https://www.instagram.com/nodeology/

EDITED: 18 Jul 2020 by JFH

Attachments: