Nodebundle for playing with nodes

7777.1276 In reply to 7777.1274 
Hi Karsten,

Thank you for posting "sigmoid-xlsx.png", it helped tremendously in comprehending how the indexed colour spectrum is computed, but also hints at future development of the node. Imagine the inclusion of an RGB input on the node fed with 3 concatenated reMapper widgets with 3 different wave forms for each colour range. The widget needs further development to do this, and perhaps in the future it could even have an additional RGB mode where 3 graph curve appear together on widget interface similar to your image. In this way any conceivable spectrum would be possible. Nevertheless, setStyle node is fine the way it is; for now.

Also........and let me start by saying that this is just an enquiry, not a request for action:

Is it possible for extractPoints nodes to be multiprocessing? By that I mean, is it possible for it to treat closed curves discretely?

The attached image contains 5 n-gons of varied side length from which points are extracted to define a closed curve shown in red. Desirably however the result should be as shown in blue outputs.

I have included mPathArray approach (shown in green) by way of comparison, though, of course, only works appropriately if polys are equilateral and with similar number of sides, which is not the case here. Hence, x-length, y-length & z-length cannot be used to group points.

Is there even a way of handling groups of points of unequal number?

Please let me know,
And let me reiterate, this is just a question not a request....
you have done so much for me of late, my friend,
James

EDITED: 14 May 2019 by JFH

Attachments: