Parametric design in MoI?

James
Thank you!

Marco
>>It is necessary that you provide us with an updated and complete technical documentation of all the nodes, or at least of all the inner changes that this new "Project Elephant" has.
Sometime ago a asked community to help me with documentation. I haven't enough time even for coding :) Could someone help me with that? Of course I can provide all information about this project.

>>Instead of shortcuts, it would be possible when you have time, to have a control panel with simple buttons in order to have a fast access to all nodes
with one single click ?
I'll think how to implement it, but not instead of shortcuts :) I definitely need shortcuts. Copy-paste.. run-stop.. load-save etc..

Frenchy Pilou
>>Does it possible Expand / Reduce all nodes in one time ?
It's possible. I already thought about this.

>>does it possible to have the current name of the current file's node beside the Name of the version ?
I tried to do it, but MoI restricts title change from javascript. Maybe Michael could help us with that.

Brian
Thank you! I'll add a bright color scheme in the nearest future

Marco
>>Considering that "Project Elephant" has become increasingly hefty, I think that now it would be desirable, in order to leverage this wonderful tool, that you create a specific topic for "Project Elephant tech-docs and user guide".
I'll make it right after v.1.0 release

Frenchy Pilou
>> About nodes goto section Learn!
Thank you. I'll read it tomorrow

Karsten
>>while testing some node-experiments, I saw some inconsistencies with the interpolation node. Maybe I didn't understand the method right, but I think that spline interpolation gives better results. So I made some investigations I want to share.
Spline interpolation produces values outside the range. I prefer to use different interpolation methods for every particular case.
I can implement spline interpolation method later.

>>By the way, It was possible to integrate the function in the modes (long,short) of V0.8. In V0.85 I don't have success.
I decided to not integrate it as processInOut method. It will make this fuction more complex and less flexible. Also while playing with interpolation, I understood that I often need different interpolation modes in the same time. For example linear method for X and Y coordinates, and CatmullRom for Z coordinate.

>>PathArray (Performace now 3times faster for numarrays with reduced load of the moiDB)
Thank you! I'll check it tomorrow.

Marco
>>I hope that Max will include your nodes improvements into the next versions of Elephant!
I'll make a separate directory for custom script and extensions. Elephant will load them automatically.
Of course I'll add good stable nodes in the main node set.

Al
>>I ask if it was possible to make some improvements in the future:
>>1- We could add on- (Range Nod) various inputs to determine; the beginning the end n°of divisions so all you can handle with Slider or Knob
If I understood clearly, you already can do it using the Interp node. You need to set Linear interpolation, range and number of divisions.

>>2- Create a Node Series with input, like Range/ the beginning/ the step/ returning multiple values
I'll think about Series node. Thank you.

>>I want to share with all of you my humble learning exercise
Great! I like it!

>>Possible that there is no compatibility between the old version and the new.....
>>I hope you can help me , and tell me how to fix it-

Yes, I've removed the Frame node because the latest version of RotatePts makes exactly the same. Unfortunately I forgot to add this node to compatibility.js and enable Long mode support. I'll fix it in the new version.

wastzzz
>>How do I linear array them randomly? For instance a,a,b,a,c,c,a,b,b,a
You can use Random node and then Math (floor(a*3)). You will get group of values from 0 to 2. (something like 1,2,2,1,0,1,1,0,2,2)