Parametric design in MoI?

7713.141 In reply to 7713.140 
Hi Barry,

the Node is not easy to understand, because the inputs can be interpreted differently, so I want to explain how it works. First the node generates only a 1D-Array. The amount of copies depends on the N value of of your intput Array. So you have to make sure that on every input has to be the same number of values from the arrays. start value and step controls the start and distance from Inputobject to the next generated. You can control x(n) y(n) z(n) independent from each other. If you take an array of constant values (step=0) in x(n) the direction in x is fixed for your arrayed object. If you use step > 0 you will get a linear array. If you put your linear array as an input for a mathematical function and use it as input, the distance between the objects will be controlled by the function. Please make sure that all inputs are connected, because the node is not very stable. If you want to make a grid (2D), you can use the output of a first generative array as the input of a second one. With the sin und cos functions you can also generate spirals or helix. The node is not easy to use but, I think, very flexible. The example shows a grid with a linear and a quadratic growth. I hope you can load it:-), because I play a lot with the code.

Good luck
Karsten

p.s.: All nodes I made are only drafts, to check the possibilites;-) I'm not a native speaker, so the naming may not fortunate.
Attachments: