Something to consider for v4

Hi Michael, this is something I have raised with you away from the forum in the past but I thought it might be worthwhile mentioning here to see what other people think.

MoI uses a non-standard object selection system whereby multiple clicks can be used to select any number of items without having to hold down the shift key (the conventional method in most other applications). I recall reading somewhere that this was done to help those who choose to use a stylus / tablet instead of a mouse & keyboard. This is one of the many great features of MoI but, even after years of use, it’s still catching me out.
When I’m working with MoI, all too often I will select and modify, delete or duplicate an object only to find that something else, off screen, had been selected too and errors are made. Sometimes these errors go unoticed until the file has been saved and the application closed when it’s too late to undo the damage. Perhaps I am just being careless? I’m often working quickly and having to switch between a number of applications so I guess mistakes are inevitable.

What I’d like to see in v4 is an option to switch between the methods: either the system used by MoI or the one used by other applications (holding down the shift key to facilitate multiple item selection). A simple check box in the options panel (general section) would be perfect.

It would be interesting to read what others think.

Best wishes

Mark