New Jul-17-2007 beta available now

762.17 In reply to 762.15 
Yes I'm wondering myself since I've always used my systems under an administrator account!??

Granted with Vista, I had to disable user access control (to get XSI to run properly) but I'm still using an administrator account.

I couldn't get Rhino v2 to install properly on Vista so I removed it but there was still an >empty< .3DM key in the registry - after finally deleting it, the installer succeeded...

I don't know about silently failing that step because what if I do want to be able to dbl-click .3dm files and launch MOI?

I'm not even sure if a manual association would have worked in that case...

-Will

PS - Yes, I was going to suggest that Michael, if you could somehow create wireframes off of polygon objects that might be a nice idea.

I'll admit I've never got to the point of trying to use an existing poly object to model from (even Silo's topology tools have never been touched by me for any serious work) but I would think from the concept, that the wireframes should be all that's needed instead of pulling in the whole object (unless its really necessary to have that many points to snap to?)