MoI suitable for vehicle designs? Closed

Hi Niklas,

I've had FormZ for a couple of years now. I purchased it because I couldn't get SketchUp to easily create watertight models for my 3D printer. FormZ, like MoI is a solids modeler and it's a big difference.

I ended up taking a hard look at MoI just a few months ago based on another user who's work I admire.

While I agree about much that has been said regarding MoI not being able to be a full auto modeling package, I have to say, it does pretty well.

Here's a render of a model I completed in a few days, which is going into a video and magazine on future transportation. It's the first time I had to really push MoI to get it to do some things, but for the very most part, I'm happy.

I tried creating the canopy/body in a SubD program, but it looked to 'soft', then I tried in SketchUp and no matter what I did I couldn't get it right. So I created all of the compound surfaces, top, sides, left, right, and bottom, and then trimmed them with each other. And then I used the blend tool to connect everything up. Worked out pretty good.