Rendering MoI Models

Hi Alan (Dooki),

One of the things I liked about Moi was it always generated good meshes that Toolbag2 took advantage of while texturing. Other apps I have used that are strictly modelers, like Moi, would only allow Marmoset to apply "smooth" textures like metals, whereas Moi allowed materials like Quixel Brick which has a lot of bumpy texture. Forgive me if I am stating the obvious here, but in Toolbag2 you can use some of the included shaders by using the little menu besides the "Duplicate" button in the upper right hand panel and selecting one (like Quixel Brick), then dragging it on to your model. For different textures in different parts of your model you need to have separate objects to apply the drag and drop shader to.

I haven't been using Moi that long but it has always worked in generating UV's. In my post #27 above, I use the following settings for creating an OBJ file:

Output=quads;
Display=shadedwithedges;
Weld=false;
Angle=3;
MaxLength=3;
MaxLengthApplyTo=curved;

Maybe other settings, (or other file types for that matter) for generating (.OBJ) Object files in Moi do not create the proper UV's. Michael would know about that.

HTH or maybe I am missing your problem, sorry.