Polygonal Converter.

"... I embrace any worthy addition to MoI's repertoire."

I agree. And the issue is not how long SubD has been around, or whether there are better dedicated SubD programs available.

The issue is, there is now a viable option within MoI to create objects that otherwise required the user to learn a whole new program.

Max's scripts open new possibilities within MoI while still using many of the same tools I'm already familiar with: extrude, alignments, create solid, scaling, view points, etc.

And, I can easily see how the objects fit together with other traditional NURBs objects. And I can perform Boolean operations on the NURBS object created with the scripts. Need a clean hole cut through the object? No problem.

The real benefit to me is the integration: Familiar tools. All my model parts visible at the same time. Ability to visualize how all these parts fit together without exporting/importing from another program.

Do Max's scripts have all the functionality of a dedicated SubD program? No. But, they've only been around less than a month! And MoI doesn't need to emulate the features of a dedicated SubD program. What was missing is a simple solution for users to create some simple organic shapes that were difficult or impossible to make with NURBs.

Hopefully this functionality will improve and get added to the core of MoI at some point. I think the hit to the UI would be minimal, as MoI already has many of the supporting tools already in place. Heck, so far it's only 4 scripts (buttons) plus an OBJ import. Just need a new menu tab added to the Construct / Transform window.

Ed Ferguson, aka Happy Kid