can't open igs file in MOI

635.15 In reply to 635.14 
>Certainly nothing is absolute in debugging. Until you know the problem, you don't know it...

>But the clues are very strong that you've got a driver problem, particularly because this is an unusual problem, you are the first person to describe these particular symptoms. If I was constantly getting reports like this (or even just more than one), I would be less likely to blame the driver at first.

This is certainly not the first time that I have been the first to have discovered something. Infact, I have been increasingly retiscent to even report stuff I find until someone else happens upon it. Trouble is, not a lot gets done to fix esoteric problems.

>One of the best approaches for successfully debugging is to rule out different problems to narrow down the issue. That's why updating your drivers would be helpful because it would help to either validate that it was a driver issue, or rule out that it was a driver issue. As it stands right now it is completely possible that it is a driver issue.

>If you can send me the data, or at least try it on a different machine with a different video card that would also be helpful. If the same problem can be reproduced under 2 different hardware environments, that really helps to narrow it down to a MoI issue instead of a driver issue. Crossing things off the list of potential problems is progress in debugging!

Perhaps it might help to read my bios so that you can understand the level that I come from when examining scientific data:

http://imperialearth.com/bio.html

Then perhaps we can talk on even ground. Talking down to me isn't appreciated.

>and probably your other apps are using the OpenGL system which is a completely different driver system from the Direct3D one that MoI uses...

Now we're getting down to it. Yes, it is. Sorry for the noise and bother.