Hidden line removal progress

6201.116 In reply to 6201.115 
Thanks for all the feedback Carlos!

> From my experience i got several no layered PDF files from others, but i think its a case
> of not tick on 'Perserve Illustrator Editing Capabilities' when saving as PDF, otherwise it
> export with layers.

That "Preserve Illustrator Editing Capabilities" thing makes Illustrator save a big chunk of private undocumented information in the PDF file that contains illustrator specific data. Illustrator uses that method for making layers come in through PDFs but it only works for PDFs saved by Illustrator itself, not from any other method of PDF file generation.

Since that Illustrator specific data is not documented there isn't really any way for a separate program (like MoI for example) to get layers into Illustrator by PDF import only since Illustrator does not read them in from the regular PDF data.

But it does read them in from the AI v8 format, so that's the format you'll want to use for the transfer if you want layers to come over.

That's pretty weird that CS4 does not work. That's good to know though.

> One question concerning the rendered image: Looks the material main color is a Grey.

It just happened to be in this case since all the objects were using the default style. The shaded colors will come from the style assignment and look the same as they do in the regular MoI viewport display.

- Michael