Any Sneak peek of the next beta ?

5721.18 In reply to 5721.15 
Hi Steve,

> I guess Michael has already come across the problem where the surfaces adjoining the
> hole do not have continuity. I've run in to this problem a lot in Solidworks, which forces
> G0 continuity in a lot of cases.

Right now I do still have a general continuity problem that I'm still working on - there is a small area right in the corners of the wedges where they are often G0 instead of G1 but I still have some things to try to hopefully eliminate or at least reduce that.

But also if the surfaces around the hole are themselves not G1 to each other (like for example if you have a simple box with one face missing and then try to fill that in), then I don't expect the blend will be G1 in that corner area either. Is that the kind of thing that you're talking about here? I'm not sure that it's actually possible to have a G1 blend in the corner in cases like that, you're basically trying to make a surface that has 2 different surface normals at one single spot. It could be possible to try to make the blend be G1 itself with using an averaged normal maybe but then the blend will be smooth itself but instead not be G1 to the neighboring surface.

- Michael