V3 beta Nov-6-2012 (Win/Mac) available now

5524.66 In reply to 5524.65 
Hi Isaiah,

> I'm getting black surfaces, artifacts, freezes and all kinds of other graphic glitches. I really wanted
> to use the isocurve extraction but the viewport goes white when I try to select. Apparently this
> beta is unusable for me.

Was the previous v3 beta working ok for you? Or were you previously using v2 and this one is the first v3 beta that you've started to use?

The stuff you are describing sounds like video card related problems, I would recommend seeing if you can go to Intel's web site and download the latest video drivers for your video card and see if updating that has any effect. Typically the kind of stuff you're seeing is related to buggy behavior with the video driver.

One of the new features in v3 is the use of multiple CPU cores with the display engine, maybe you're running into some problem related to that. You could try disabling that by editing moi.ini (go to Options > General and push the Edit .ini file button), and in the [View] section find the entry for DisplayThreadLimit and set it to 1 so that it looks like this:

[View]
DisplayThreadLimit=1

Does that do anything?

- Michael