doodling with MoI

534.12 In reply to 534.11 

>That would work well for a "Keep clines" option to make them stick around, but it wouldn't work so great for a way to remove them. That's because that little bullet only shows up right now after you have created a construction line, so if that was the only way to remove them you would have to create another cline to remove them, which is pretty weird.<

I had not even thought of that, you're right...I can't even fathom the planning and foresight that must go into building the UI ...you're doing a fantastic job of it, and I do appreciate that you take into account everyone's comments and suggestions in the process.

>Actually, arbitrary rotation works right now in the 3d viewport by using the "Rotate Axis" variant under the rotate transform - for that you pick 2 points which defines the axis of rotation.<

I have used the Rotation Axis in the 3d viewport, but I find it difficult to get a handle on things to place those points when there's a lot going on in the viewport to look at.. it actually requires too much spatial-orientation thinking for the three brain cells I have...;-) so instead, I temporarily rotate my whole model in another one of the viewports, so I can get the right orientation to do a straight-on rotation of a particular object. Then I just rotate the whole thing back the way it was. It works for some things, but not everything. That's why I thought if you could just call up a temporary construction plane, it would be easier.

>The things you're asking about here should eventually be possible, they just won't be in the initial V1 version.<

This is great!. At first I thought MoI was going to be sort of "Rhino-lite", but it's already evolving way beyond that now into a totally new kind of CAD program.

Thanks,

Jesse