Testing v3 for vehicle modelling

Hi all ....

Hey there Mike, your modelling skills are far superior to mine, just cars is all i ever seem to model other than landscaping projects, which I have not done since my wife suffered HAI, but MoI is going to be used soon to design a new decking area for my own back garden so that we can have a fire escape if needed and so she can get out in the garden and have some privacy while soaking up a few rays....

Speaking of rays, here's a couple of test renders done with V-Ray for SU, but I have a problem or ignorance, not sure which, probably the latter, but despite exporting as OBJ and 3DS and importing into SU, the object names (layers ?) don't seem to get imported and neither do the material (Styles names) ... Which is a pain, but at least the 3DS seems to get converted to components and can be grabbed as big chunks. I have been trying with Blender too, but the geometry is huge on import and despite changing clipping etc, my camera disappears and I cant see it anywhere, but that's a Blender problem not a MoI one ...

Martin
Image Attachments:
Size: 138.2 KB, Downloaded: 26 times, Dimensions: 1738x870px
Size: 72.7 KB, Downloaded: 64 times, Dimensions: 1738x870px