Power SubD-NURBS

5088.7 In reply to 5088.4 
"I don't see anything highly sculptural in the examples for Subd-nurbs. I am looking for something that could take 10 million quads (or more) and make a nurbs object out of it."

That's not the point of it at all but with Modo's new retopology tools you could easily create a more manageable mesh from that 10 million poly object and open that as a nurbs surface in Moi to add details. I agree that most of those samples aren't very inspiring but the handle is a good example. The basic shape would be difficult to sculpt in Moi and the detailing (holes and bevels) would be difficult to do in Modo. Now I'm sure some of you hardcore Nurbs fans would dispute the former (but I suspect not Mr Gibson after seeing several of his posts) and some poly pushers on the Modo forum would dispute the latter but this is exactly what I want. Look at it as T-Splines for Moi but I always found the modelling in T-Splines a bit sludgy compared to Modo which is very fast and fluid. Likewise I'll always get as far as I can in Moi before turning to Rhino so this is great for my workflow.

Cheers
Rich
www.loopcorp.com