Anyone wish to develop a custom script?

4801.179 In reply to 4801.178 
hi,

sorry for the slow reply. it's been one of 'those' days. the example was based on option 4 of the xyz settings file. however, it was done with an old version of prop_design. so I can't re-create the exact info any more. if you want, run option 4 and generate new data. it will be similar. the angle you want to know is output by xyz. it is the file 'GNUPLOT_2D_TOTAL_SWEEP_ANGLE.DAT' the first column is radius in mm the second column is the angle you want to know in degrees. also the rail points will have the same angle baked in but it's difficult to extract that way. also output is the twist angle.

you can make the example more challenging by changing the chord distribution option from 1 to 3-5. 2 is a little more challenging but it still has the radius starting at the origin. one thing with projecting the geometry onto cylinders is you may need to make new le and te rails. so that is harder to do when you have the tips going to a point.

if you need me to generate files for you let me know. it's probably easier just to run the code yourself. once you understand how it works it's extremely easy to run. only takes the blink of an eye to generate a design. if you are just creating geometry for art/games/etc... you don't need to do any analysis on the designs you come up with in xyz. installing gnuplot would be useful so you can see some of the plots. they have the units shown. so if you aren't sure what the units are you can look at the plots to see. also the midplane is created there as well. but just for viewing rather than for cad.