Anyone wish to develop a custom script?

4801.147 In reply to 4801.146 
hi brian,

i believe the example you have as your default is for the Airbus A400M military transport. It is a high power high speed turbo-prop. The geo is an example of what you could try using PROP_DESIGN. The real propeller was designed with proprietary codes and does not look like the one I am using. It's a good example to exemplify the usefulness of PROP_DESIGN.

Yes, I model the hub and then I do the array to 8 blades. I think I have those inputs in prop_design_geo with the thought that you could use them. but even if you don't, it doesn't hurt to have a reminder of what they are for a given case. I do the hub to blade fillet and I define the hub with fillets and all. Then I have one complete blade ready for the array as the final step. However, my hub geo is different than anything used before. I have just been curious to see what it would look like. It hasn't been tested or anything. It is closest to what you see with the retention of blades inside jet engines. I haven't been putting it in the screencasts because it takes a lot of steps to do the hub and everything. I enjoy doing it in MoI though because its like a one for one duplication of how you would do the real life machine ops. The way you do all the boolean work is insightful and fun.

My main thought behind the script would be to keep new users from making mistakes. It has a nice benefit of saving lots of time too. :)

By changes to the edges, I'm thinking you are referring to the rails. If so, there will not be any changes to the rails. There shouldn't have been a change to the airfoil but due to the feedback on the forum, we now have a more accurate definition of the airfoil. At least, I believe/hope so. Sorry I caused you more work by changing things up. I'm still trying to rap my head around what we have now. However, I'm confident there will not be anymore changes to the underlying geometry at this point. For one thing, I can't change the airfoil geometry substantially without performance data to go with it. I constantly see propeller efficiency of about 90%, using PROP_DESIGN, so there should be no need for another airfoil. But even if I wanted to change airfoils, I would still need data to go with it. VisualFoil Plus looks like the program to use, however, I don't have the money for it. So I'm sticking with the airfoil that I have data for.