Anyone wish to develop a custom script?

hi brian,

so i updated the points again. the thing is i'm not sure this is going to make it easier for you or not. it made it harder for me. but here it is for your consumption. it seems like you have to use three point arcs, being very careful to get the end of the rails as the third point. it has a tendency to pick perpendicular and i think that was messing things up. also it may have been the sweep options, not sure. but i went with exact and it worked out. i don't know if refit had anything to do with it. basically when you go to boolean the hub to the blade the trailing edge curve would get messed up sometimes. but this doesn't seem to have anything to do with the points.

as far as the added points go, i kind of like it the other way. but if you have problems going with the conical curve, this extracts enough points that you can just make arcs as the le and te. but for whatever reason the two point arc doesn't work like it use to and i'm having to do a three point arc (for the le at least). for consistence i just did a three point at the te too, but a two point should be fine (as was the case before).

the solid resulting from the sweep seems smoother when you just use the conical tool rather than adding in all the points. you can kind of see where the points are in the solid at some angles. not sure if its real or just an optical thing because the edges of the solid look smooth. in any event, this should be a good fall back option for you if you need it.

updates; once i tried to fillet the blade and hub connection I saw the le was indeed unusual with the added points. they seem to be mucking things up somehow. should definitely stick with the conic section for the le for this data set.