Randomize?

4744.10 In reply to 4744.7 
Michael,

I saw there is a nudge script out there and the "relative" move can be force to a preset direction and can be either large or small if I read this correctly. This tells me there is way to move a single point at a time (at least) by a certain "offset" which could be easily "randomize" I would think. That's basically what I'd like, move a (control) point by some (random) offset (within a certain range) in one (or all) direction (up, down, etc).

If you can see a way to do this on each indivudual (control) points in a selection it would make my day, that would be the key.

Of course, a UI would be a great addition, maybe we could set a range for the random value and the direction there. Ideally, we could set the range for each direction, then no need for up, down, etc., just X , Y or Z, say something like xrange(0, 0), yrange (0,0) and zrange(-0.010, 0.050) for example.

In case there is no way to do an offset move on each point in a selection, would it be to much work for you to implement a UI for a "RandomNudge" script with something like the xrange, yrange and zrange. I understand you have lots of work on your hand as it is so maybe you could just refer me to some existing command that I could use as an example to create my own UI type command script.

Thanks,
Felix