Screw Thread Tutorial Online

Hello Burrman,

Thanks for the observation you hit the nail on the head. My intent was to be able to give even new users like myself the ability to accomplish the project without too much searching around for how to run shortcuts, tweaks, etc. Even using this long procedure it only takes about 15 minutes to recreate this bolt from scratch. The nice thing is you are able to quickly create templates for the cutting objects and caps of different pitches of screws, bolts, connectors and just copy and paste them into your working document. Once all that data is complete it's just a matter of determining diameter of the thread, creating the helix and cutting so you could really get down to a few minutes to make the custom thread for just about any application through asset reuse.

I realize that most designers do not use that level of detail for their drawings, but for renders and manuals it's a nice touch that adds to the realism and understanding of the project and since I use MoI for quick start guides as one application being able to show detail when zoomed in helps the presentation. Thanks.