Funny thing at the opposite of Moi ;)

Hi James.

I write here to reply to your kind message at (http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=6925.353)
because I don't want to saturate the "V4 Wish List" thread with off topic arguments :)

First of all I thank you very much for sharing your personal experience and your opinion.
This helped me a lot!!

Believe me....this situation was driving me crazy!!!

@You : "...When I first used it I found the haptic feedback to be quite unnatural....rather just accept it is as it is...."

Well...

I've spent last two hours checking every single millimeters of this fucking iPad Pro's screen.
It is perfect in all aspects for what I can check with my eyes and my fingers.

So I decided to make a test more or less with the same method when I have to deal with software debugging :)

1) First I've cleaned up very well the entire surface of the iPad's screen with a good quality microfiber cloth.
2) Then, without touching with my left hand or fingers the screen, and with the right hand "armed" with a cotton glove,
I started to draw strokes with the pencil on every single centimeter of the screen (for this test I have left the screen "off" so it was totally black).
3) The stokes was good, rather smooth, without any humps/scratchy, tacky/draggy

Then I repeated the test in this way :

1) before start drawing I touched the screen in some areas with my left fingers to simulate pinch/zoom/pan
In this way that areas was "contaminated" by the natural "oil's skin"
2) I make some strokes starting from "clean" areaa through the "oily" areas and, in that zones, the Pencil was not fluid or smooth
as it was in clean zones. It feels humps/scratchy, tacky/draggy
3) I cleaned up those "olily" zones and the Pencil returned to be smooth.

So, also in the light of your suggestions, these are my actual considerations :

1) I had always been accustomed to classic Wacom tablets (not interactive display) like for example the superb Intuos Pro.
That drawing tablets have an excellent paper-like feel without any "fingerprint" or "oily" issues.

2) My experience of "drawing on glass" is very limited because sporadically I only made some little painting works on my "Lenovo P2" (Android smartphone)
with an "Adonit Mark" pencil that have a "mesh tip"
And my smartphone has a Gorilla Glass, so it's pretty different from the iPad's glass.

3) Nobody, in any of the dozens fucking forums that I read, nobody, talked about this "fingerprint" problem with the iPad's screen and Apple Pencil!!

OK. My very first temptation was to throw the iPad through the window (but it's very costly) :) :)

Well...

I understand that I have to change the way my "brain" feels this drawing experience on glass, and the iPad Pro 12.9 is a wanderful machine,
but I really hope that I will not be forced to clean up over and over the screen, because the Pencil on "oily" zones feels really bad for me.

Or maybe I will be forced to use an additional glove also for my left hand.
Some sort of glove that will prevent the screen from "smudging" and "oil" but keeping intact the "multitouch" capabilities.

I have to investigate.

Fortunately for my "mental health" I have better things to do because of my software developing daily job :)

Anyway...thank you very much again for your suggestion and have a nice day!

Ciao.

Marco (mkdm)

EDITED: 16 Nov 2017 by MKDM