Do you feel it?

4363.159 In reply to 4363.158 
Hi Felix,

> "to do a good UI design" do you mean the MOI UI
> or the UI for a specific command?

I mean the UI for that particular feature - many kinds of features require new UI to be implemented for them, and one big issue is that I want to keep the existing UI to be nice and streamlined and not end up getting a bloated feel by for example throwing in 50 new icons stuck at the top of the window or stuff like that... ;)

So basically any new features that require a lot of UI to control them become quite time consuming to design that UI so that it would fit in well with the existing stuff in MoI.

> It seems you went through the requested features and
> possibly made up some sort of "ordered" list for yourself.

Sort of, but that "ordering" is pretty vague and subject to change just depending on new information and new ideas.

So I don't really want to codify it like you're kind of asking about because then it would appear to people that there was some kind of definite plan for it all when that's not really the case.

> Say we have a new thread with such a list (maybe with
> somekind of vote count next to the request) as the first (editable) post.

There is something kind of like that already with the wishlist on the wiki here:
http://moi3d.com/wiki/wishlist

> I believe something like this could be useful to you
> and much simpler for us to follow and be up to date
> without having to go through hundreds of post.

The 100s of posts are actually much more valuable feedback for me because they are much more organic and can contain little details here and there that may spark a good idea.

As it becomes more structured and organized and "sterilized" like you're asking about some kinds of things are a bit lost in that process.

So there's a few reasons that I prefer the more direct individual feedback rather than just a "yes" or "no" vote type system.

For any one particular person, the most important thing you can do is to just provide your top 5 features that are important to you in that thread - don't worry so much about what everyone else is asking for or what is in those 100s of other messages - if you just post what you are interested in yourself that is the best information that you can give from my standpoint...

- Michael