Top 5 Features list for V3 !

3628.419 In reply to 3628.417 
Hi Max,

> One small request for me (quite simple I think)

If only it was actually simple for things like this!

One of the most difficult things with new features is to figure out where to put the feature in the UI so that it does not cause "feature bloat". When too many features pile up all over the UI it tends to make the UI become more complex. It's a big focus for MoI to avoid this kind of complexity and that means that it is a big issue to figure out where to put new features. If it's possible to incorporate the new feature as an option or natural extension of an existing command, then that can help a lot.

So some of the big questions for a "simple" feature like you're describing there (which is likely very much not as simple as you might think, you already mention needing to incorporate hidden line and silhouette display in it...) would be even just where to put the button in the UI to start with.

There are all kinds of complexities involved with this.... How is it exactly that the hidden line mechanism would come into play? I'm probably not really understanding the full scope of what you're asking to have here.

- Michael