Hi Michael,

> for one it's possible for a single object to change
> from an arc to a line for example if you turn on
> control points and delete all interior control points
> leaving only the end ones. Would you then expect
> for that control point deletion to also automatically
> change the style of the curve object from the "arc"
> style to the "line" style?

It's just an initial colour coding it's not expected to change if the entity changes.

I'll give an example where it's used, when curves are extracted or generated from a section of a part model that we need to use to model a mating or complimentary part we would like to see what the curves are made up of, usually the CAM guy's prefer lines and arcs for ease of cutter path generation and smaller data files especially on comlpex shapes, when we see splines generated we try and simplify them into basic joined lines and arcs, so you could imagine if there are 100's of curves generated from a section and there were only two or three splines in there to be simplified you would have to pick on each seperate entity generated to see if it was a line, arc, spline or even an ellipse.

To tell you the truth Michael, I don't think I would use this with MoI because I use MoI for different type of models compared to my everyday software, I just tagged along with Pilou's first post on this topic and didn't really want to stretch the subject this far, thanks for your interest anyway :)

Cheers
~Danny~