Top 5 Features list for V3 !

3628.317 In reply to 3628.316 
Hi Martin,

> Not a list of five, but a one i discovered i needed today - Crash Recovery file ?

If there is a crash, a dialog will pop up that has a Save button on it which will allow you to save out the current model data to a new file - that would be the crash recovery file right there.

In certain kinds of crashes like ones relating to totally running out of memory it could be possible that the conditions that caused the crash prevent the recovery mechanism from working though. But with a more regular type of crash instead of an "out of memory" type one you should be able to get what you are asking about I think.

Also if you run into a crash there will be a crash dump file created called moi_report1.zip (or moi_report2.zip, etc...) that can contain some information about where in particular the crash happened - if one of those were generated please send those to me through e-mail at moi@moi3d.com so I can try to pinpoint and fix the bug.

If your crash is related to totally running out of memory it can prevent the crash dump report from being generated too though - generally if your crash is related to that the main fix is to avoid overloading things to the point where are close to totally exhausting memory in the first place - that might mean breaking a super huge file into some smaller files instead.

Also if you have a 3DM file where you can repeat the crash easily with a certain operation it can help a lot if you send me that model file as well, since the easiest way to debug a crash is when I can actually repeat it over here.

- Michael