Top 5 Features list for V3 !

3628.285 In reply to 3628.283 
Hi Jan,

> The idea for this wish list is to get those points suggested automatically - if
> you want them to have - without doing any 'math', additional
> constructions or 'typing' at all.

The problem though is that different people have a lot of different needs - a whole lot of people don't have any need to have a golden rectangle snap, and for those people having the snap kick in that they don't want or need is actually a negative thing instead of a positive thing.

So there tends to be a kind of balancing act on things like that - if I just threw together every single possible kind of feature that every separate person needed all turned on and combined into Moi all at the same time, that's a recipe for complexity and a "bloating" of the UI.

It's been a big goal of MoI to keep things streamlined and easy to use and avoid that type of bloating.

So in order to maintain those goals, it's an intentional thing that some types of features may not be included by default and may need some minor adjustment like the setting up of a shortcut key with a script pasted on to it in order for the functionality to be triggered.

I can understand how it would be cool if MoI had every single thing that you in particular wanted to do all set up for it right out of the box, but please keep in mind that MoI is used by a lot of different people for a lot of different kinds of things and so that kind of specific individual configuration _as a default_ is probably not likely to happen.

Just wanted to give you some more background information on some of the design constraints and problems that I have to consider when adding stuff into MoI - it's really easy to actually ruin the simplicity of MoI simply by tacking on too many things that are all competing for attention by default.

- Michael