Top 5 Features list for V3 !

3628.279 In reply to 3628.273 
Hi Michael,

your comment about my drawn example is right, as it shows only one of the two possible golden snap points
on this line. But it was Photoshopped to visualize the basic idea and the rest of it was stated in the text.

If such snap option would be implemented it would simultaneously display the two golden snap points on any
given line, so the orientation dipendency of that line would not be of any concern. And the the user (artist,
designer) would always have both options to choose from.

And even with both snap options displayed one could easily distinguish the 'major' from the 'minor' section
by simply choosing the implicit orientation on ones mind.

Actually, by thinking into this, it could even spread a new discussion among mathematicians if that new
created 'inbetweeny' section may hold its own mysterium in nature which has waited to be revealed since
Leonardo's times... ;)

Collecting this snap option (and maybe similar others) as a plug-in would be a perfect choice and could be
turned on/off whenever needed.

I am no mathematician, artist or designer by profession, so there might be many other interesting proportion
or distribution rules out there which could be useful in the field of 3D modelling. And if you are interested
maybe this forum can collect more of those for a 'nice to have one day' idea box... ;)

bemfarmer already mentioned scrips about 'Vogels model' and 'logarithmic spirals' which would be great to have
also without even knowing how to get a script running within MoI.

What I recall from the 'golden ratio' is, that it also applies for circles and is therefore rightly called the 'golden angle'.
This golden angle divides the perimeter of a circle into its major and minor section in analogy of a straight line and
by doing so it formes the 'golden angle' of 137.5°.

Because I don't know how MoI handles and defines circles I wonder if such angle could be clearly identified as a
snap point at 137.5° without definding an additional start point on its perimeter and its direction of orientation.

In any way I am glad you liked the overall idea and, who knows, maybe one day you surprise your customers
and community with a mind blowing and easy to use plug-in about 'Natures Little Secrets of Beauty'... ;)

Just let us know when to start collecting ideas!
Image Attachments:
Size: 38.4 KB, Downloaded: 8 times, Dimensions: 228x224px