Top 5 Features list for V3 !

3628.209 In reply to 3628.205 
Hi Andy,

> I really need/want a shear/skew tool, unless there is a way
> to currently do this that I don't know about.

I am planning on having a Shear command as part of the Transform > Deform tools.

In the meantime you can make a shear happen by using the new Flow command.

To do that, draw a plane using Draw solid > Plane, placed under your object, and then copy the plane off to the side. Turn on control points for the copied plane and drag the upper 2 points over to create a sheared plane like so:

Now select the object you want to shear, run the Transform > Deform > Flow command, choose the plane under the object as the base surface, and the sheared plane as the target surface and you'll produce a shear like this:

> I would also love a non destructive fillet command.

I'd like to have that eventually as part of a deeper history mechanism. It will require quite a lot of work so I'm not sure exactly when that will happen.

In the meantime if you need to edit fillets there are some other programs like SpaceClaim that can help you tweak things like that more easily right now:
http://www.spaceclaim.com/ - you should be able to load your MoI model into SpaceClaim (copy and paste between them also works) and it has methods for editing fillets and also tweaking things like pulling or angling a face.

- Michael