Smooth transitions between joined objects

I'm a slow learner who has been working on this model of an acoustic guitar neck for a couple of months now. I have my own DIY cnc and will eventually cut this rough model and clean up some details by hand. If I explain how I did finally finished it, could someone give me some tips on how I could have done it better?

1 marked the overall dimensions and after using blend to get smooth surface I lofted splines for the neck shaft.
2 drew a spline for half of the heel cap and with half of the closest neck shaft spline I used a 2 rail sweep to create half of the heel.
3 the 90* angle at the end of the neck created a faceted shape so I deleted those areas and used blend to create a smooth filler.
4 used network to fill in a corner that blend missed.
5 extruded a headstock blank and boolean differenced a profile.
6 with the headstock and the neck aligned I networked half of the neck spline with 2 lines that met at the ends of the line that travels across the headstock. I then boolean differenced this triangular shaped surface from the headstock and was left with a fairly smooth blend between the neck and headstock.

Transitions between objects is where I'm having the most difficulty. Is there a way to get a smoother heel shape or blend between the neck and headstock?

Thanks in advance,

Bob