A little suggestion

I guess we're talking about 1st angle projection (European) vs 3rd angle projection (American), in Australia we use 3rd angle projection the thing I find strange about this is it depends on what you use as the base view, sometimes it will be the top of the part in the top left of the page and sometimes the right side or left side of the part in the top left of the page, it's all about what details you want to show and as long as your projections from the base view are to the standards then this is fine.

I'm talking about drafting here a static piece of paper space or viewport that has a number of views of a particular part, once you lay your first base view you follow the view standards of your region, if the base view is changed or rotated then the other views must change according to the standard.

In MoI the views are not static so if you want to follow a projection standard for 3d modeling viewports then say you change the right view to the left view then the other two views would have to change to follow the projection standards, I have never had an issue with view standards in a 3d program I believe it is more of a 2d drafting thing, because of the dynamic switching of each viewport the standards will not stick.

My two cents on this matter.

Cheers
~Danny~