Flatten curved surface?

3042.15 In reply to 3042.14 
Oh the Perp/Perp is the one for me. Way cool, and thank you for the time on that.

As for the Conic. I did do the "use the tool to click the existing points and read the value" method. I was wondering about if you didnt have those points? Do all conic curves have only those three points. I'm trying to read up on this area and wanted to start using it somemore in my work to be proficient. I was reading a post from a guy who said you can create G2 using it (Slightly uncommon but doable) and also get some better results with it for Class A. I was more asking as a means to understand it's value and derivation. The big long math rules are going to be beyond me, and the value itself seems "relative" as a 0 to 1 ratio of "Whatever"? The whatever being what I was asking if it can be defined with some other trig or something.

I'm just starting in this area so I dont fully understand what I'm asking yet. I may have to study the whole equation to understand. Always led to someone doing conic math for nano precision optics and talking about the precision of their curves.

It may be beyond what I could expect from a short Forum answer. Was just wondering if there was an "Expression" that would read that value without the tool. Then I may understand it better.