MoI on Acer Aspire One via VirtualBox?

2795.7 In reply to 2795.6 
Hi Mark, you might double check what is set as the color depth on the Windows desktop.

If it was set to something like 16-bit or something like that rather than full 32-bit that might be the problem.

That particular error meant that the Direct3D system reported back an error when MoI asked it to check if a depth buffer was supported with 24-bits for depth and 8-bits for stencil.

Right now MoI requires that particular depth format, and actually every single 3D graphics card that I have seen has supported it and it is commonly used for games, so that is kind of surprising that it would not be supported.

But it may not be supported only when you have your desktop set to a lower color depth, so that's why you may want to check that.

Otherwise, maybe it would be possible for MoI to support a different depth/stencil format if that is not available rather than just bailing out. If you want to e-mail me (moi@moi3d.com) I can send you a small DXCapsViewer.exe program from the DX SDK, which would let you see all the possible depth modes that are supported on that emulated video card.

- Michael