[Request] Line from Center point :)

Maybe I've skipped over a similar request - why not just at ONE extra menu item added to the construction line popup menu thingie Persist - this would take the current line you've dragged out, positioned, rotated etc., and make it persistent.

No moving over to the side to click a button, it uses the same UI available to the existing CLine AND by being able to simply persist them lets you create them on the fly and keep them around when needed - or not...

At that point the only issue I see is removing them individually OR all in a single swath...

That can either be 2 additional CLine popup menu items "Remove and "Remove All" - or perhaps a left click / right click kinda thing on a "Remove" menu.

I tend to like the 1st but if Michael feels that's too many items for that little menu then the left/right click suggestion would only add 2 additional menus (Persist and Remove).

As far as a cline command that's similar to existing illustration programs, I need more than the traditional horizontal / vertical rulers - I need diagonals for my perspective work - very important for me to be able to lay down my cline an ANY ANGLE and lock them for reference.

I was going to purchase Autodesk SketchBook Pro because I love how they have their ruler setup but I found that ArtRage could do similar with its flexible stencils so that's what I've been using.

I could see using MoI for all my 2D sketching and concept drawing with just a few more tool additions in the future - colored lines are already there, - having persistent CLines would prolly be all I need actually - hmmm...

-Will

PS - Thinking of a book I was reading recently on drawing, the author's drawings shows he uses a lot of construction lines - think of a drawing of a car and seeing short lines all over the place - say one for each axle of the visible wheels etc.

It would be nice if the persisted clines could be shortened or trimmed and not extend all the way across the viewport - this would help reduce clutter.

Being able to >group< clines and show/hide individual cline groups would also be helpful.

Just an additional thought - I'd rather HAVE the persistent clines then to not have them due to trimming and grouping adding complexity to their implementation!

EDITED: 21 Jul 2009 by WILLBELLJR