Keeping layers during meshing of Rhino objects -> OBJ -> Rhino

2720.14 In reply to 2720.12 
>Where can you see the list of the materials that are used in the imported objects? Can you only see the materials one at a time when going to the object properties of one object? That is not good.

Yes, there is no material list at Rhino.

> So you should generally plan in advance that to get new functions and improvements, it would be necessary to update to future versions of the software. That's just a very normal thing, there isn't really any way around that.

I understand that. The problem I see is, that the price of MoI grow with every new release and for "only-meshing" the price-performance-relation is the question. At the moment we have:

v1 ... good mesher, better than Rhino, 200$
v2 ... great mesher, multicore support, super fast, script connection to Rhino, 300$
v3 ... ??? 400$

For me it would be ok to pay 100$ more for an v3 upgrade that would bring for example a full integration of the MoI mesher to Rhino. The current mesher works 99% perfect, only little wishes are open. So, my idea was, if the connection to Rhino could be complete (3d support) now, than Rhino user could stick at the MoI mesher for 300$. But it seems to be a bad idea, sorry. Maybe this could be the key feature of v3 for Rhino-meshing-only-user.
I suppose so v3 will bring many new features that are not needed by "meshing-only" user. But maybe you are right and most Rhino user who need better meshes will pay 400$ too.
I know it was not your plan to offer a Rhino mesher and so I don't expect it. It was only an idea, since it seems to be so near and I thought it could be possible now. But if you say, it's a lot of work, than I understand that you can't pack it in v2. I'm sorry that my request caused trouble. Your work is great and I will try to help you with tests and requests that MoI grows.
Visualisation for Designer and Architects - www.simulacrum.de