If I don't do organics, will MOI do everything I need?

I think Kevjon pov is really interesting. I'm also 'waiting' some more advanced tool to help the car modeling process, the problem is that I don't have his nurbs experience, so maybe I'm waitibg to much from MoI in that area.

I've tried to find some tutorials about cars, and so far, the best one I get it's the Sedan tutorial for Rhino. I've follow many other ones, but didn't like the approach. Most of them are using a 'push control points' method, and that's to much inacurate for me, and remind me poly (sds) modeling. (I mean if it's about pushing points, I prefer poly toolset)

But for the moment I can't go really far with this sedan tutorial, because of the missing tools like :

- Continuity option for the network and sweep command
- Fairing ? (I have to admit I don't really understand this part :P)
- Curves and surfaces rebuild/simplification
- Patch surface

Well that's all for the moment as far as I can see. I still don't know if with this options or tools I will succefully build it ...

Kevjon is the exact opposite of me, I have 10 years of xp in poly/sds modeling, and I'm really bored with the workflow. Nurbs are so much funny, and if you put some time the result is way better. I can recognize a poly sds car in few second, just by looking to the reflection. Of course there are exception, some people can produce top surfaces with polys, but believe me, it takes lots of time too, more than you imagine.

But maybe I'm wrong too ... for the moment my nurbs xp will grow with MoI, in 2 or 3 years I will have a better view of the whole thing :)

EDITED: 22 Mar 2009 by PAQ