Scene browser progress

2470.62 In reply to 2470.56 
Hi PaQ,

> Vertical text is readable, only Modeling give some trouble,
> because the word contains many letters that work in both
> side I guess ... (M=W ?).

Actually the readability is a major problem for me, that's one big reason why I did not use vertical text - it is something that I have a general policy to try and avoid if possible.

It is readable but it just takes a little bit extra of concentration to do it... Like a kind of minature headache over and over again. :(

It is extremely convenient for the UI, no doubt about that, but I don't like the jarring feeling that it gives (that's what it does to me anyway).

It is just grates against the sort of "UI vibe" that I'm oriented towards.

Probably it is much less of an issue with a program that is oriented towards expert users only.

> A bit off topic, but I think it would be nice to have some constancy in
> colors code, between what is selected, or not.

Well, there is a lot of functional difference between geometry and buttons in the UI... It just has not been a big priority to try to make buttons look or behave similar to geometry.

> Like having the same color for selected suface/curve in the
> viewport, and selected/active tab (I still have the filling the actual
> desaturated blue is not eye catching enough ... I often miss
> click the tab I want to switch to ...)

You can change the images for them if you like - go to the \ui subfolder underneath MoI's main installation folder and there are several PNG files there that make up the UI skin.

The ones for those tab buttons are named TabButtonBackground* , if you edit those you will change those buttons in the UI.

Anyway, this is going pretty far off topic from the browser and hide/show functionality, do you have any comments more on that topic?

- Michael