Scene browser progress

2470.28 In reply to 2470.13 
Hi Schbeurd,

> I think I have a few questions very similar to the ones PaQ asked previousely.

I think I answered these with the previous reply to PaQ, but just a quick one here...

> Will it be possible to hide/unhide a group.

Yup, sorry I didn't explain this more, but the idea is that groups will look pretty much the same as what you see there with Styles, with an entry for each group with an eye icon to the left for hide/unhide.

The only difference will probably be that a group entry can have a +/- expand/contract thing to the left of its name.

> Will we be able to select objects by groups or by styles or both ?

Either one that you want, if you want to set up groups then you'll go to the groups section and click on those entries to do actions to them (hide, select, etc..) on the other hand if you want to use styles as the main way to organize things and then do something like "Select all things with Style:Red", then you can use the Styles section to work on objects that way.

Styles will basically amount to materials at export time.

> Can we assign a style (a color) to a part of a polysurface without
> separating the object ?

Yes - you just make a sub-object selection like select an edge or a face then you can apply a style to just those sub-objects.

Some data exports may not deal with that kind of sub-object assignment though, like Rhino can't have sub-objects of a single polysurface on different layers.

But for mesh exports it should work well for material assignments for different faces within a solid.

- Michael