Meshing ... tests and wishes

2451.57 In reply to 2451.56 
Hi Micha, there was a bug in v1 with "Avoid smaller than", are you using v1 or v2 for what you show there?

Otherwise, do you possibly know of one small portion or even one individual surface in your model that is getting more polygons with when you increase "Avoid smaller than"? If you can extract that surface or small portion of the model and send it to me, that would help me to take a look at what might be going on there.

The way that "Avoid smaller than" works, is that if a UV quad polygon is less than that distance then it effectively switches to a coarser angle tolerance of 35 degrees so that those small things will be coarser.

It does this individually for the U and V directions so it can change the way that the mesh is divided, maybe there is some case where that difference ends up generating more polygons due to the way it intersects with the trim boundary, but I would think that would be pretty unusual. So it may be a bug, if I can get an example for me to reproduce the problem over here I'll be able to know more about it.

- Michael