MOI3D mesher plugin for Rhino? Closed

2398.41 In reply to 2398.40 
Hi jonah - when I wrote "underpriced", I was mostly referring not to just any particular user's outlook on it but rather to overall business.

There are quite a few people who would have been willing to pay more than $195 for v1, and each one of those is basically money left on the table from a business perspective.

Additionally it is difficult to get resellers excited about supporting and selling software at this price because they don't get much of a margin on it.

So those factors together pretty much indicate that I should have put a bit higher price for v1, even with the factors you mention like being limited in some areas to more basic functions. Although for example MoI version 1 still has the best meshing function in the industry, including the n-gon meshing capability which cannot be found anywhere else regardless of price, so it is sort of a mixture of advanced and basic together in different areas. It is incorrect to consider it to be just "basic" completely across the board.

Even at the $500 level, it should be pretty easy to justify purchasing MoI as a companion to other software if it saves you time with some of your professional work, and particularly if it offers you unique capabilities that can't be found elsewhere.

It will be a lot more difficult decision for hobbyists certainly. That's one reason why I have thought about still having MoI v1 available at that time as a kind of "lite" version.

- Michael