MoIV2 Beta Nov-21-2008 Questions

2168.80 In reply to 2168.79 
Hi Danny, oops sorry I saw this earlier in another thread but forgot to reply!

> I know you're limited with ui real estate but is it possible
> in the new object properties panel that when you pick a
> surface or face to state what kind of surface it is e.g. planar,
> b-surface,revolved, extruded, etc?

It is a tight fit in that area, especially with some other controls coming later on like for style, ...

Then another problem is that some of that information is kind of an additional thing than what is already displayed.

Like a sphere is an example - it is a solid, but it is also a surface of revolution. So just one single short label would have to sort of choose which of those to say in that case.

You can also have a surface of revolution that is also planar as well, like if you take a line and revolve it into a disc type shape.

And there are actually a couple of different types of planar - there is planar because all the control points of a general surface are on the same plane, and then there is a "Plane primitive" which is a 4-point rectangular surface...

So I'm not really sure how to resolve some of those issues, or how to jam another label in there without taking up much space. Let me know if you have any ideas!

It certainly would be easy to list a larger amount of information on a secondary "details" dialog or something rather than trying to jam it into the top of the panel.

- Michael