MoIV2 Beta Nov-21-2008 Questions

2168.6 In reply to 2168.5 
Hi Anis - one thing you can do is to set the construction plane to be aligned with the rectangle.

The bounding information that is shown is actually the bounds in the current construction plane.

If the construction plane is aligned with your shape, you should then get the kind of readout that you were expecting I think.

If I do something special for a rectangle, it could have some various strange consequences, like what if you fillet the corners of the rectangle, it is no longer just a simple rectangle, so would it shift to have general bounding size at that point instead of "special rectangle" size? That would sort of make it look as if the object suddenly shifted in size after you did the fillet.

I guess this could work sort of more like you expect if I made you do some extra steps to declare a 2D sketch plane that was associated with each object before you drew it. But I have tried to avoid doing that in MoI because it makes you do extra setup steps and can prevent you from just freely drawing shapes.

Maybe I can do something in the future to improve this by doing some more stuff to try and implicitly capture and maintain the 2D frame that was used to draw an object initially, and then give back bounds for one selected object by using that frame.

- Michael