Meaningful Shortcut Keys Listing.

2134.24 In reply to 2134.23 
Here's a file for you brian.

What is in this zip are all the scripts from the "custom" shortcuts file I sent you awhile back made into js files for moi to read. A breif description of each script will jog your memory on what they do. The names are anything you want them to be, I just tried to keep them simple and descriptive for you to know what they are before you rename them.

So for instance solids.js is the script for selecting any solids. You could rename this to "jim.js" if thats what you want to call it, place it in a folder in your moi directory named scripts and assign any shortcut key to "jim.js" that you want.

It's a way for you to get the "friendly name" thing you want.

Here is a video of how it is done so you can do it to any of the other "long scripts" that you want a friendly name for.

http://www.exeink.com/caps/update4b.htm

Keep these around as when a new beta release comes out, you'll need to copy these into it's scripts folder also to go along with your shortcuts you set up for them.

Let me know if it's just to much for you or if you want clarification on anything else.
Rest assured that when the flux of beta releasing is over, a solution to acheive what you want will be easy.

Burr

EDITED: 19 Jun 2012 by BURRMAN