Modelling a Aircraft - F9F-5

2036.44 In reply to 2036.38 
Hi Kevin,

> Yep, I'm aware of that. I apologise if I have offended Michael or MoI users.

You have certainly not offended me, and actually I thank you very much for putting in a lot of effort into this!

It is not really a goal of MoI to do better than every other single tool out there for every single kind of project.. Not only is that difficult to achieve anyway, but it also tends to make for a complex and difficult to use tool when it tries to combine a whole lot of different areas.

I'm a lot more interested, especially as a foundation, at making MoI do a certain category of things particularly quickly and easily. I don't see it as a weakness - it is a good feature of MoI that it can be a really outstanding tool for the right project.

So it does not really bother me to say that MoI is not the right tool for a particular task. That does not mean that MoI is not good for anything, just not good for that particular thing...

In this case you would really have to change your modeling style to more embrace intersections between extended pieces to make it work with MoI.

The way that you want to work more on the direct skin of the final result for every single constructed piece, that is not suited for MoI. It is certainly a valid way to want to work, and it is helpful for making subtle tweaks and slight adjustments like you want to do. Like I've mentioned, I'd put it in a similar general category to doing faces and organic stuff like that, that is a strong area for the subd approach.

- Michael